Indole-3-acetic acid - IAA
|Top Previous Next|
Plant growth regulator
Indole acetic acid (IAA) Application:
Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA, 3-IAA) is the most common, naturally occurring, plant hormone of the auxin class. It is the best known of the auxins, Natural phytohormone (plant auxin), synthesized from tryptophan, which induces plant cell elongation and division causing uncontrolled growth. Signaling molecule involved in plant organogenesis and growth control.
The discovery of IAA as a plant growth regulator coincided with the first indication of the molecular mechanisms involved in tumorigenesis induced by Agrobacterium.
Indole Acetic Acid, IAA auxin is a kind of indole broad-spectrum plant growth regulator with somatotropin activity.
In high concentrations inhibition, in small concentrations promotion of longitudinal cell growth and the related water absorption of the cells.
Chemical Name: Heteroauxin; indol-3-ylacetic acid; Indole-3-acetic acid IAA; Indole-3-acetic Acid (1.00353); Indole-3-acetic acid,(Heterauxin; Indolyl-3-acetic acid); Indole-3-acetic acid; 3-Indoleacetic acid(IAA); 3-Indoleacetic acid; IAA; IH-Indole-3-acetic acid; 3-Indole acetic acid; 3-indolylacetic acid; 1H-indol-3-ylacetate
Physical and Chemical Properties:
Appearance: White-like crystal
Empirical Formula: C10H9NO2
Molecular Weight: 175.19
Indole acetic acid (IAA) effects::
- Promotion of cell division of the meristematic tissue.
- Promotion of root formation even on tissues which do normally form roots,but inhibition of growth, except in smallest concentrations.
- Promotion of callus formation and callus.
- Inhibition of budding and growth of auxiliary buds and bud formation.
- Influencing of leaf, flower and fruit shedding.
- Influencing of flower formation
- Formation of parthenocarpic fruit (seedless fruit).
- Promotion of respiration and protein formation.
IAA Recommended dosage:
Up to 80 g a.i/ha per application, depending on desired effect.
GRADE & FORMULATION
Technical: 98% TC
CAS Number: 87-51-4